We are not sure of the exact history of the Hall or how old it really is. What we do know is that it was originally the private theatre of Lord Clifford situated on the Ugbrook Estate. In the late 1920’s Lord Clifford donated the building to the local Conservative Party for its use in order to boost its coffers. It was also used by the school, now the Comunity Centre, for dinner times.
The building was dismantled and brought to the Village where it was erected on the present site in about 1928 or 1929.
Known as the Constitutional Hall, it was run by the local Conservatives until the late 1990’s. By then the Hall was little used and the Charity Commission was given ownership and the Constitutional hall became Kingskerswell Village Hall and a Charity.
The new committee was chaired by Mr. Jeffrey Brown until 2007 when the chairmanship was taken on by the current Chairman, Mr. Jim Coyle.
Since then the Hall has undergone a lot of improvements
and has just had a new roof, which we self funded through